At Sterling & Tucker LLP, the health and safety of our clients, team members, and friends of the law firm are top of mind amid concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our attorneys are fully vaccinated and we have added air purifiers to the conference room and reception area.
The uncertainty around the pandemic has many people with immune system challenges concerned about exposure to the virus. We are committed to ensuring everyone’s safety and making it easy and accessible for our community to get their estate planning questions answered and documents in place.
Here are the precautionary steps we’ve put in place to continue to operate safely and effectively during this time:
AT OUR OFFICE
- Team training on current recommendations for preventative health and safety has been completed with all team members to ensure they are well-versed and adherent to best practices.
- We installed hand sanitizer stations in our lobby and conference rooms.
- We are frequently sanitizing high volume areas such as door knobs, conference room tables, and communal spaces after every client meeting.
- Team members who are not well, are required to stay home.
- We are keeping our distance to show you we care. We will greet you with a wave, bow, pledge or Namaste, but sadly, will no longer offer handshakes and hugs during this time.
- We are monitoring and are poised to adapt quickly to any guidance or requests from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local health departments.
ENSURE YOUR BASIC ESTATE PLANNING IS DONE AND UP-TO-DATE
Everyone should have these three basic documents, regardless of their wealth or health:
- Advance Healthcare Directive. Allows your agent to make medical decisions for you (in consultation with your physicians) if you were unable to make those decisions for yourself.
- Power of Attorney for Property. Allows your agent to pay your bills and make other time-sensitive decisions during a period of your incapacity.
- HIPAA Power. Authorizes those you designate to access your protected health information.
We are communicating regularly with our team to keep them informed and to ensure their safety and yours.
Thank you for believing in our mission and continuing to be a client and friend of the firm. Our thoughts remain with those being hit hardest during this time.
We remain committed to your Health, Happiness and Peace of Mind,
The Partners of Sterling & Tucker LLP